Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Bloody Morning After: A YouTube Mix For The Terminally Disappointed.

Most people who know The Real DJ Satisfaction Pony understand that underneath that bittersweet, cynical shell is a happy-clappy youth center veteran/recovering altar boy who has absorbed more than his fair share of Jesus Freak Original Cast Recordings...The Cramps may have corrupted me in more ways than I'll ever know but I can still appreciate Stepford Wife harmonies and Up With People! platitudes. Here's a mix that maps my purple brain...and yes it's all queer as fuck but July was a beast so it stands to reason that I've earned all of August's candy-ass indulgences.

Coven, "One Tin Soldier"



Cokeheads, "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing"



The Free Design, "Kites Are Fun"



Room 222, "Theme From"



I'm From Barcelona, "We're From Barcelona"



Jesus Christ Superstar, "Jesus Christ Superstar"



The Flaming Lips, "Do You Realize?"



Patti Smith, "You Light Up My Life" (on 'Kids Are People Too!')

This is actually incredibly beautiful. She skips the high notes.



Rent, "Seasons Of Love"



Polyphonic Spree, "Lithium"



The Carpenters, "Bless The Beasts And The Children"

No comments: